As a candidate for United States Congress I have become very used to the term “Political Football.” Immigration Reform is a perfect example.When elected I will champion legal immigration reform as one of my key platform issues as a proud representative of Silicon Valley. As an immigrant, I have seen these challenges first hand and believe I can help fix them!
Several solutions I will offer…
- The Current wait time for Green Card interviews for the EB2/EB3 Category is 15 years. Approximately 600,000 families are waiting for their turn. This process is punishing those waiting lawfully and prohibiting them from contributing to the American economy, culture and way of life!
- There are currently excessive delays in the processing of permanent residency applications (Green Cards.) This contributes to America’s loss of revenue, market leadership, and competitive edge, as people move on to other opportunities.
- Current policies make it very difficult for immigrants to change careers and travel, we need to ease these restrictions to make it easier on them.
- Eliminate the Green Card quota of 7%, this “one-size fits all” policy does not work as most of the work-based program immigrants are from Asian Countries.
- We should eliminate the counting of dependents of Visa holders as part of the quota! We should be welcoming hard working families, not punishing them!
I will bring practical solutions and a willingness to work with both sides of the aisle. We must end the games when it comes to immigration reform, our economy and national security stand to benefit… a more prosperous America, a safer country is in all of our best interest!
Please consider a $5, $10, $25 or more donation to my campaign today, help me show strength by midnight on New Year’s Eve!
TODAY! I NEED YOUR
I’d be honored by your support.
Candidate, United States House of Representatives
California Congressional District 17